Implementing major strategy changes is a complex and resource-intensive process. It is often managed from the top down, and is difficult to pass on to employees in day-to-day business.
In recent years TicTac has received many requests about sustainability and how our customers can package strategic change in a way that actually gets everyone not only to change the way they work, but also to change their behaviour around sustainability. TicTac has been involved in developing all aspects, from a concept and strategy for a sustainability academy, to creating all the content and providing a platform for behavioural change within organisations. The way we work depends on the conditions an organisation provides in the form of resources, technology and competence.
To assist organisations in this process, TicTac offers 5 tips for success in creating your own sustainability academy and strategy:
- Set out a clear strategy. The strategy needs to be clear and be linked to real behavioural changes and goals that your organisation wants to achieve. This strategy must be applied to all the units in your organisation.
- Appoint a project manager. Once the strategy and goals have been established it is time to appoint a strong project manager who can drive the project cross-functionally and has insight into the way the various units work.
- Create the journey. This is where the creative work begins, with the goals and the target groups. What route should the knowledge journey take? Identify challenges and above all opportunities. Link this to KPIs and results right now.
- Ensure you have the right technology to enable the journey. When you have the right platform and tools to create content, it becomes more enjoyable and easier to achieve the vision and create an easily accessible academy that appeals to the target audience. If you already have the technology and resources within your organisation – start creating. If not – consult a provider and outsource the work to external consultants.
- You should see the sustainability academy as a never-ending journey. Sure, the participants will finish this journey. But strategic changes do not happen overnight. Keep on replacing and launching new versions to take your organisation to the next level.